Tuesday, October 9, 2012

PS2 Customized Shooting Arcade


I decided to customized a ps2 gun arcade shooting game to to try out guncon2 games like Time Crisis and Vampire Night. I got these EMS Topgun II Lightgun from Playasia to try out.  EMS Topgun II can be used in PS2, PC, XBOX and PS3 (Guncon 2 games only). What's amazing with these gun is that it has recoil function not like the original Namco Guncon2. The gun is also very accurate! The only downside for me is the buttons specially the directional buttons at the back. They don't feel solid and durable. Here's the link http://www.hkems.com/product/xbox/EMSTopGun2.htm









I bought this Guitar Hero pedal from a surplus shop and I decided to use this as my pedal for playing Time Crisis


I used a mini pl connector to connect it to my ps2 controller to trigger the reload.


I soldered the wires from the mini pl connector to the controller. You can solder it it to any buttons you like since it all triggers the reload key.



Heres the the game timer I use. This is connected to the controller port of the ps2 cutting the ground on the controllers so when the timer is 0 the you can't use the controllers.


The left wires is the cut timer for the controllers the right ones is connected to the cabinet buttons for reset and game select.



Heres the coinslot. Theres two coinslot so if ever one malfunctions theres still one you can use. Basically a backup.



EMS Topgun II Sensors on both sides of the TV




Here's the EMS Topgun sensor mounted on the side of the TV.



The button on the right is connected to the reset and power button of the PS2.



The Front View

Side View

This is where you put the controllers.
The backdoor where I put all of the arcades components.

Heres the inside of the cabinet.


I'm using a modified PS2 with Matrix Infinity chipset so it automatically boots dev2 or from the hdd. You can also softmod your ps2 using your memory card. You need Free MCboot. Heres the link to the site. http://freemcboot.info/. I will post a video of this in action after I've converted the videos. If you have questions feel free to ask me.

1 comment:

  1. Cool project, man! I've been interested in Lightgun games as of late, and reading this just peaked my interest.

    ReplyDelete