Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hyperpin Virtual Pinball Part 2/3




Here's the second installment of my Hyperpin Virtual Pinball project. Now it's time for painting and electrical. I decided to paint it semi-gloss black for the outside and flat black in the inside. I used Bosny spray paint in cans.  I used Polituff for my filler. It's usually used in cars because it's stronger and more durable. I didn't imagine this to be this heavy it's because of the mdf wood that i used. The good side in using mdf wood is that i doesnt needs too much sanding because it's already smooth but the bad part is it's so heavy. I drilled all the holes for the button and the fans and smooth the edges before painting. I think I used up 10 spray cans in all of this. I didn't paint primer I just directly sprayed layers of paint until its pitch black.






Grills for the exhaust fan.


This are aluminum lock guide for the acrylic bezel.


I tried fitting the backglass LCD monitor and it fits like a charm. I also put 3 X 10 watts flourescent bulbs to backlight my customized bezel.

Looking good!


This is my keyboard encoder called the ipac. The I-PAC (Interface for Pc to Arcade Controls) is a board which allows connection of arcade controls such as buttons and joysticks to a keyboard port or USB port on a PC motherboard. It was designed around the MAME emulator which supports over 1000 arcade games and can be used with other emulators. Here's the link for the website ULTIMARC

I decided to put led lights in the top and at the back so it will look beautiful in the dark and to have that authentic arcade feel.

Back View

LED Lights

I mounted the switch for the fans, LED lights and the backlight for the bezel on top of the back box.



This what the top looks like in the dark.

I also installed a sound controller for the led lights so it will react to the sound of the pinball game.



The view from inside.

I labeled it for easy troubleshooting in the furture.

12 volts supply with the fuse.

Power supply for the fans, led and the PC.

Service buttons for the pinball games.

Front view of the playfield. I'm planning to put led lit fans and coinslot mounted in acrylic glass.

LED buttons bought from HK.






Please wait for the last part of my project. Feel free to ask if you have some questions. I will post videos of the pinball in action. Thanks for viewing!

2 comments:

  1. nice project, reminds me of my arcade machine, i really want to do pinball next but the cabs are hard to get , i like to build my own like yours , how is the paint looking are you going to decal it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope no decals just plain black paint. chek the final build on my blog for the pics.

    ReplyDelete