Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hyperpin Virtual Pinball Part 1/3

I decided to build a virtual pinball cabinet running on Hyperpin Frontend  with  Visual Pinball and Future Pinball tables. I'm not really a pinball fanatic but I got these surplus LCD monitors from a friend and I have no use for it since it doesnt have a tuner and only works in PC. So I decided to make use of it and build a Hyperpin Cabinet. I will be using a 2 monitor setup. 30 inch for the backglass and 37 inch for the playfield. I will be using a Dual core Athlon procie, Palit GTX 240 video card and 2 gb ram of memory. This project is not for newbies. You must have technical skills and have lots of patience. Here is the links of the software. All of them are free and feel free to ask me for questions on how to set it up.


Hyperpin - This is a software that allows you to choose from a variety of pinball games. This is the only pinball frontend I know and probable youré best choice. It has stunning graphics and fully customizable.

Visual Pinball -It's a freeware video game engine for running pinball games. What's good about this software is it's realistic simulation of ball physics and it's integration of roms from original tables. The only downside I know is that it's graphics is not yet 3D.

Future Pinball - It's also a freeware game engine for running pinball games. What's good about this software is the stunning realistic 3D graphics. The downside to this is the non realistic ball physics and lack of rom integration.






30 inch monitor for the backglass


Taking apart the LCD TV casing to make it smaller.

Removing the back cover.

Removing the bezel.

Testing the 30 inch Backglass and adjusting the size.
The back box casing for the backglass.

Side View

Back View

The DMD Bezel

It's me @ work. Remember dont forget to wear mask and googles!
The playfield.





Testing if the LCD fits.






No comments:

Post a Comment